T3: Teach The Artist Training
BEAT is proud to work with New York City’s most talented dancers, beatboxers, musicians, and producers as our Teaching Artists (TAs).
They share our passion to engage artistically with youth and adults, including individuals with disabilities, at NYC’s schools, libraries, and community centers.
Why Join BEAT’s Roster of Teaching Artists?
- Teaching Opportunities with schools and community-based partners
- Competitive Teaching Rates
- Ability to focus on the your art while teaching
- Open Door Policy, meaning access to executive leadership
- Supportive community
- BEAT Instructor Certification
To join the BEAT Teaching Artist Roster:
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or equivalent to work in public schools.
- Complete our 2-day Teach the Artist Training (T3)
- Training will prepare aspiring Teaching Artists to teach on virtual platforms and in-person.
- Training will include:
- The History of Hip Hop and how it affirms culturally relevant education practices.
- Hands-on activation of high-quality arts engagement tools, including a deep dive into teaching modalities.
- After completing the training, trainees enter a shadowing and implementation phase.
Please contact our Program Director, Tanasia Peacock, with inquiries.